Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Švab Katarina, prof. dr. Vilar Polona
• Definition and tasks of public library, historical development in Slovenia and in the world, different types.
• Needs and characteristics of environment as the base for planning and executing library activities, legislative and professional framework, roles for the users (educational, cultural, leisure time).
• Library services.
• Users: types of users, special user groups.
• Internal organization of the library, workflow organization, management.
• Public relations, marketing, library publishing.
• Evaluation of services, feedback from the users.