Modern Greek I
Study Cycle: 2
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Kavčič Jerneja
The course Modern Greek I continues the BA level course Introduction to Modern Greek. It consists of lectures (in Slovene) and tutorial (in Modern Greek).
The topics to be studied within the lectures include:
- Modern Greek verb phrase
- Modern Greek noun and adjectival phrase
- Modern Greek syntax; the formation and the use of principal dependent constructions; Modern Greek coordination and subordination.
The tutorial aims to:
- systematic broadening of Modern Greek vocabulary
- developing strategies for understanding foreign communication and articulating one's own oral messages on topics concerning mostly familiar speech situations
- to developing writing abilities: writing shorter messages concerning the aforementioned topics.