Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): prof. dr. Rebernik Dejan
- Definition of the city and urban.
- Concepts, theories and development of urban geography.
- Modern processes of change in urban areas, suburbanisation, counterurbanisation, reurbanisation.
- City and its hinterland, urban regions, central places, transformation of rural settlements under the influence of the city.
- Internal structure of cities, models of internal structure of cities, spatial development and transformation of cities.
- Morphological structure.
- Social structure, processes of social transformation in urban areas.
- Functional structure, economical models of urban land use.
- Cities and globalisation. Economy of cities.
- Retail in cities. Decentralisation of retail in urban areas. Central business district.
- Traffic and urban development, sustainable urban mobility.
- Cities in the Third World. Urbanisation in the Third World. Economy in the cities in the Third World. Poverty and slums in Third World Cities.