Subject Representation of Documents
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): asist. dr. Jug Tjaša, prof. dr. Šauperl Alenka
• Classification of library material.
o Classification systems in Slovenia and other countries, today and in the past.
o Development and maintenance of classifications systems.
• Subject description.
o Subject heading languages in Slovenia and other countries, today and in the past.
o Development and maintenance of subject heading lists and thesauri.
• Back-of-the-book indexing.
• Difficulties users encounter with subject representation of documents.
o Tailoring systems for subject representation to user needs.
• Subject description in digital collections of text, sound and visual recordings.
o Automatic and intellectual processes.
• Cognitive schemas and user-friendly subject representation system.