Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): izr. prof. dr. Hriberšek Matej, lekt. Čop Breda
Advanced Latin course.
- consolidation and deepening of Latin morphology. Verbal system: subjunctive; composite tenses;
- deepening and expansion of vocabulary;
- basics of Latin syntax: syntax of Latin cases; subjunctive in independent sentences; accusativus and nominativus cum infinitivo, participium coniunctum, ablativus absolutus;
- word formation : derivation and composition of words (substantives, adjectives and verbs).
- complex syntactic structures: gerund and gerundive; subjunctive in subordinate clauses; first degree subordinate clauses; second degree subordinate clauses; connecting relatives; indirect speech.
- parallel syntactic structures in living languages;
- sentence analysis of complex texts;
- reading and translation of short adapted texts.